Just some of the many blessings I had today:
- The reminder that when I’m doing something for someone else, even if it’s small, I’m much happier. It’s a wonderful distraction. Don’t ever downplay this philosophy, because it’s true.
- Even if I can’t currently eat chocolate chip pumpkin cookies, it makes me happy to see them in the store.
- “Free consultation with the pharmacist.” I remembered today that I could use mine, and it was helpful and reassuring.
- I went to a friend’s birthday bonfire instead of a big Halloween party, and it was what I needed today. Maybe the trick-or treaters will appreciate my costume. I’ll get a photo in it for my kids (my daughter made part of it for Mother’s Day. Not intentionally for Halloween.)
- Getting to sing with friends around a bonfire is hugely good for the soul. It’s also fun to find out what random people can play the guitar, or know all the words to various songs.
- I got out today. On my own! This sleepiness will pass eventually.
- I have clean sheets, and my clean laundry is put away. They say that “action comes before motivation,” so time to post this and make the bed, I guess.